Terminator Genisys

Sobre la saga acerca de la guerra contra los exterminadores del futuro
Kanon
Blast Processing
Contactar:

Terminator Genisys

Mensaje por Kanon » 27 Abr 2011, 01:10

'Terminator' Back With Arnold To Star: Schwarzenegger In Package Shopping Now; 'Fast Five's Justin Lin To Direct

EXCLUSIVE: He's baaack! Arnold Schwarzenegger is attached to star in a rights package that CAA is shopping today that will revive The Terminator, one of Hollywood's most iconic scifi franchises. The agency is dropping the package on studios this afternoon. I'm told that already, Universal, Sony and Lionsgate, and CBS Films are looking hard at the package. There is no screenwriter attached at this point, and Robert Cort is producing. This is the first real activity on The Terminator project since February 2010, when the property emerged from a bankruptcy auction and into the possession of Pacificor. The Santa Barbara-based hedge fund posted a bid of $29.5 million, with the promise that additional multimillion-dollar payments for each film would go to Halcyon, the company that made the 2009 McG-directed Terminator Salvation. That film starred Sam Worthington as the cyborg and Christian Bale as John Connor, and the storyline launched the battle between Skynet and the human survivors of the apocalypse, the war foreshadowed in James Cameron's visionary 1984 original film. Halcyon wanted to make several films but ran out of money. At the time of the auction, Pacificor beat out a combined bid by Lionsgate and Sony planning to make back-to-back sequels to bring the franchise to a natural creative conclusion.

While many felt at the time that Pacificor overpaid and that Lionsgate and Sony would have been better matches for the material, CAA has chosen an optimum time to seek a new deal. I wrote back in February that Universal quietly was trying to arrange for Lin to be helmer of the project. At the time, some turned up their noses. Given the strong international grosses being racked up by Fast Five and the expectations for a strong domestic opening this Friday, Lin has a lot of heat. And Schwarzenegger is looking to recapture past marquee glory ending his run as California State Governor. Schwarzenegger has circled several projects including Last Stand for Lionsgate, but here, he's the star, returning to the signature role that once established him as the world's biggest movie star.

Much like the Superman property, The Terminator has a ticking clock on the rights. There is a stipulation in copyright law that if you assign your rights, you get them back in 35 years. In this case, Cameron assigned his rights to Hemdale, and the North American rights will revert back to him in 2018. Now, Cameron has more or less washed his hands of the Terminator franchise, but I'm told a new deal would have to be made with him if the plan was to keep making Terminator installments beyond that period. There is plenty of time to make at least two Terminator films before that happens, and that might be sufficient to end the saga that so far has spanned four films. Any financier that makes those films owns them free and clear. Rumor is the project price tag is at least $25 million upfront, against a purchase price near $36 million, not including paydays for Schwarzenegger or Lin. It would stand to reason because of the amount Pacificor paid in 2010 and the interest it has carried since. I'm told there is no set price, but this will likely be a whopping sale by the time the dust has settled and the bidding is complete.
:desmayo:
GamerTag XboxLive: KanonZombie
PSN Id: KanonZombie

Poyo
This is Pequod!

Re: Terminator 5 (with Ahnold!)

Mensaje por Poyo » 27 Abr 2011, 08:46

: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: shock:

Devil_May_Cry
Tengo 0 Amigos de Facebook

Mensaje por Devil_May_Cry » 27 Abr 2011, 11:46

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Nos Vemos A Nosotros Mismos Como Seres Reales, Pero Quizas Somos Nuestro Propio y Engañoso Espejismo, Yo Que Me Veo Denso y Palpable, Soy Sin Embargo Alucinacion De Mi Mismo

Kanon
Blast Processing
Contactar:

Mensaje por Kanon » 29 Abr 2011, 15:51

Exclusive: 1 Really Cool Thing W/Da7e

I threw my column out this week in favor of bringing you one piece of actual, exclusive breaking news about a topic I am passionate about.

As a Terminator fan, a sci-fi geek and general film enthusiast, it’s been a pretty good couple of weeks. Last week, we approached the launch of Skynet and the coming of Judgement Day (by the Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles timeline, the latest Judgement Day in the multi-timeline franchise).

After Skynet supposedly launched in this fictional universe on a Thursday, The Playstation Network was compromised on Friday along with a massive outage of the Amazon Cloud servers, sending many huge sites down. Skynet lived, ever so briefly. At 8PM last Saturday, Skynet was supposed to launch a bunch of nukes. We lived through it, and at 1:30AM this past Sunday @OfficialSkynet became my 2,000th Twitter follower.

As if I couldn’t geek out enough, news hit this week that Fast Five director Justin Lin was a Terminator fan and is passing around a pitch for a new Terminator flick with Arnold Schwarzenegger attached. Reports suggest that it was on the desks of at least Universal, Sony, Lionsgate and CBS.

Original Arnie back in a Terminator movie? I’m not as against it as one might think. Mostly because it gives us the opportunity to rectify some unresolved questions about the T-800/T-101 model (are they they same model named differently on different timelines?), but also because it a mythology that relies so heavily on time travel could actually make me feel better about the past two, lackluster entries into the franchise. (Anyone who is watching Community and felt knowing that Jeff and Britta were having sex off-camera informed the previous episodes’ wildly inconsistent chemistry between the two knows exactly what I’m talking about).

With franchises being the norm and television shows being capable of going the Arrested Development or Family Guy or Firefly route of using DVD sales to justify the existence of a low-rated the series to network, we need to be disciplined enough to take the long-view on the franchise after each installment. It’s the difference between liking watching a TV show week to week and liking watching it in huge, multi-hour chunks. It’s the mainstream’s way of taking long-form storytelling and transforming it into continuity. It’s best for all because continuity is nerd fan service and something familiar is populist. Thus: sequels, franchises, spinoffs, prequels. They are ways to expand the existing story.

The one common type of big-budget film that studios consider a safe bet is the re-boot or re-imagining. The problem with a franchise like Terminator is that you can’t reboot stories where the focus of each individual chapter is the characters trying to re-boot their own destiny. Time travel stories about prevention can’t be rebooted, because the implication is that we’re just seeing another part of the grander, multi-reality, multi-time epic story of Man Vs. The Singularity.

Why bring this up? Because I have news. That’s right, I’m going to bury the news almost 500 words into a rant about how much I like Terminator. Why? Because you deserve better than one-line of new information about a project that doesn’t have a script yet. You deserve to know the context and why this little bit of information suddenly has me pro-Terminator 5.

Or should I say “Terminator 2012” which is the title the pitch is going under right now. It involves time travel back to the present day, and - the exciting and mind-bending part of it all - is that it has the “entire original cast” attached to it, not just Arnie.

Disclaimer time: This is from a real source, I’m not bullshitting you. I don’t know what “entire original cast” means, but it’s safe to assume that AT LEAST means Linda Hamilton is coming back to re-establish herself as the face of Sarah Connor. At best, we somehow get Michael Biehn as some sort of old Kyle Reese...

… which is AMAZING.

I’m not even sure what kind of time travel backflips are even required for this sort of thing, but I’ll share with you my most exciting thought, AKA, how I would pitch this:

FORGET TERMINATOR 3 and SALVATION. They took place on the same timeline, a timeline we never want to visit again (mostly because it was boring, but also because rampant disregard for the previous mythology makes stupid, stupid implied subplots)

The best thing that can be done is to go back and ask: What if Sarah Connor survived to 2012 (invalidating her death in Terminator 3 and all the events of Salvation)? What does that look like, and what has to be different for that to happen?

Take the JJ Abrams Star Trek, the most successful mainstream time-travel story of my lifetime that managed to exist in a world where time travel and changing the future is possible, yet still managed to head-fake general audiences into feeling like it was a re-boot. That’s what Mr. Lin and The Governator should be shooting for, and that’s what people want to see.

Really, the question I’m now asking is: Are we looking to bring slightly-plumper Eddie Furlong (who was last seen in The Green Hornet, I believe) back and really commit to forgetting the shitty timeline of 3 and 4 or does someone remember Christian Bale has supposedly signed on to 2 more Terminator flicks?

Because if John Connor is just going to scream his way through 2012, I’ll take the old-school, non-technological Mayan Apocalypse, please.
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclus ... a7e-13381#

Devil_May_Cry

Mensaje por Devil_May_Cry » 29 Abr 2011, 21:59

Despues leo bien...
Nos Vemos A Nosotros Mismos Como Seres Reales, Pero Quizas Somos Nuestro Propio y Engañoso Espejismo, Yo Que Me Veo Denso y Palpable, Soy Sin Embargo Alucinacion De Mi Mismo

Kanon
Blast Processing
Contactar:

Mensaje por Kanon » 29 Abr 2011, 22:27

Esto es basicamente todo lo que necesitas leer
Or should I say “Terminator 2012” which is the title the pitch is going under right now. It involves time travel back to the present day, and - the exciting and mind-bending part of it all - is that it has the “entire original cast” attached to it, not just Arnie.

Devil_May_Cry

Mensaje por Devil_May_Cry » 30 Abr 2011, 11:22

:shock: :shock:

Poyo
This is Pequod!

Mensaje por Poyo » 30 Abr 2011, 16:42

LO QUEEE???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Devil_May_Cry

Mensaje por Devil_May_Cry » 30 Abr 2011, 21:43

Casting original de cual? de la primera, de la segunda?
Iran a hacer de cuenta que la 3 no existio?

Poyo
This is Pequod!

Mensaje por Poyo » 01 May 2011, 11:29

Iran a viajar en el tiempo y traer los protagonistas de esa epoca? :risa:

Responder