Breaking Bad (el topic que faltaba)

Charla sobre series de televisión
Responder
Poyo
This is Pequod!

Mensaje por Poyo » 13 Ene 2014, 10:28

Bueno, increíble que después de toda la alharaca que hicieron con esta serie, no tuviera topic propio (hubiera jurado que había uno y se lo llevó alguna hackeada), en fin:
'Breaking Bad', Best Drama TV Golden Globes 2014

Imagen

Popular AMC show "Breaking Bad" won the Golden Globe for Best Television Drama Sunday night (Jan. 12). It is the first Golden Globe win and nomination for the series, which ended its fifth and final season with a much lauded, much talked-about series finale Sept. 29.

The show starred Bryan Cranston as a high school chemistry teacher turned methamphetamine producer and Aaron Paul as his dealer; both Cranston and Paul were also nominated for Golden Globes this year. Cranston took home the award for Best Actor in a TV Drama.

"Breaking Bad" edged out other dramatic favorites for the win, including Downton Abbey," "The Good Wife," "Masters of Sex" and "House of Cards." Not nominated this year were previous Golden Globe darlings "Mad Men" and "Homeland."

Vince Gilligan accepted the award on behalf of the show, thanking his "amazing cast," before handing the microphone off to Aaron Paul, who responded in true Jesse Pinkman form: "Yeah, bitch! Thank you."
Aaron Paul está en camino a convertirse el Niño Yo No Fui :risa: (chiste de la Cosa Cine)

Nada, eso, un western moderno, excelente guión, un protagonista que genera empatía y disgusto a iguales cantidades, momentos memorables, voy terminando la tercera temporada y me resulta más adictivo que la misma meta...

Si no la vieron, no se la pierdan, bitches! :P

Kanon
Blast Processing
Contactar:

Re: Breaking Bad (el topic que faltaba)

Mensaje por Kanon » 13 Ene 2014, 14:08

Genial, me la clave a pura maraton en 2 semanas, para llegar a ver el final en vivo...

Que envidia que te tengo que recien vas por la mitad, alto viaje...
GamerTag XboxLive: KanonZombie
PSN Id: KanonZombie

Poyo
This is Pequod!

Mensaje por Poyo » 19 May 2014, 18:38

Uff, hace casi dos meses que la terminé de ver, y todavía no puedo conseguir nada para tapar el vacío que dejó BrBa, una de las mejores series con las que me enganché :cry:

F-De
Let's put a smile on that face

Mensaje por F-De » 20 May 2014, 12:07

No soy de engancharme con series,nunca segui ni Lost,ni Heroes,ni House ni Dexter...pero esta fue la unica que comence y vi de un tiron.Es increible,el guion te deja cada vez mas manija,como dijo Poyo,es una adiccion que se puede comparar a la de las drogas que venden los protagonistas.
Aparte de tener una narrativa buenisima,con personajes que se sienten reales,tiene varios comentarios sobre la sociedad yanki,muchos palos!
En fin,una joya!

PD: No puedo subir el video,pero dejo un link! esta muy bueno.

Nota del poyo: arreglado :pulgar:

Poyo
This is Pequod!

Mensaje por Poyo » 18 Sep 2014, 17:35

Nada, se me terminó True Detective, GOT al lado de esto es un pasatiempo, pero ni eso tengo (hasta abril falta una bocha), The Walking Dead, Sherlock y Utopia meh...

Sólo dejo este tributo (spoileroso por si alguien no la vio) para decir LA PUTA MADRE QUE BUENA SERIE

ShonenBushido
Da Funk

Mensaje por ShonenBushido » 18 Sep 2014, 23:54

man, utopia es excelente. tenes que entender las series britanicas un poquito nomas.

Poyo
This is Pequod!

Mensaje por Poyo » 19 Sep 2014, 00:41

A decir verdad vi medio capitulo y con sueño, para colmo renegando con los subtítulos, la experiencia en sí venía cagada, se merece una segunda oportunidad sin dudas.

Poyo
This is Pequod!

Mensaje por Poyo » 18 Mar 2016, 17:53

Después de tres años... tiran una punta sobre la pregunta que nunca se resolvió en la serie...
Vince Gilligan Finally Reveals Why Walter White Left Gray Matter
The “Breaking Bad” creator opens up on a big unanswered question.

Imagen

It’s been about three years since the show ended, but somehow we just got a huge bit of “Breaking” news.

Yeah, your life has to be pretty messed up to make you throw pizza on the roof of your house. (That’s just wasteful, bro.) Now we finally know more about how Walter White got to that point in “Breaking Bad.” Namely, show creator Vince Gilligan and co-showrunner Peter Gould filled us in on why he left his old company, Gray Matter.

In the series, we learn White co-founded Gray Matter Technologies along with his friend Elliott Schwartz. White is dating his lab assistant, Gretchen, but he suddenly leaves her while spending 4th of July weekend with her family. He sells his shares of Gray Matter to his partner for $5,000. The company is later worth billions, Elliott and Gretchen get married and White goes on to, you know, die in a meth lab. (And they all lived happily ever after.)

The real reason White left Gray Matter, which serves as part of the motivation for the character’s dark turn, has remained a mystery, but while chatting with The Huffington Post about “Yo Soy Saul,” an original song created for “Better Call Saul,” Gilligan and Gould also finally opened up about one of the biggest unanswered questions from the series:

Here’s why Walter White left Gray Matter.

“Breaking Bad” actress Jessica Hecht, who plays Gretchen, mentioned in an AMC Q&A that Walt left the company and their relationship because he felt inferior. Gilligan confirmed this was true to HuffPost, saying, “She’s correct, and that’s what I explained to her and to [Bryan Cranston] before they shot that big scene between the two of them where they were at the restaurant.”

The scene Gilligan is referring to takes place in the Season 2 episode “Peekaboo.”

“It ends with him being so nasty to her saying, ‘Fuck you,’ and then she leaves tearfully,” said Gilligan. “In my mind, the interesting thing here — and I always kind of hate to nail it down so explicitly — but let’s put it this way, most viewers of ‘Breaking Bad’ assume Gretchen and Elliott are the bad guys, and they assume that Walt got ripped off by them, got ill used by them, and I never actually saw it that way.”

Gilligan explained that the truth is more nuanced. It all stemmed from White’s feeling of inferiority while spending time with Gretchen’s family.

“I think it was kind of situation where he didn’t realize the girl he was about to marry was so very wealthy and came from such a prominent family, and it kind of blew his mind and made him feel inferior and he overreacted. He just kind of checked out. I think there is that whole other side to the story, and it can be gleaned. This isn’t really the CliffsNotes version so much. These facts can be gleaned if you watch some of these scenes really closely enough, and you watch them without too much of an overriding bias toward Walt and against Gretchen and Elliott,” said Gilligan.

Gould added, “I think the interesting thing is not exactly what happened but the fact that Walt hasn’t let it go over all these years. He has no perspective on himself. He gets to the point where all he can really do is try to justify everything that he’s done.”

Gould believes Walt did finally change at the very end. “He was there for one thing: to take care of his family,” he said.

“The short answer here is that I think people tend to think of Gretchen and Elliott as the villains because they’re a couple of rich happy people, and they seemed to be arraigned against our hero, ‘Walter White,’ but the truth may be not so quite on the nose,” said Gilligan.

So there you go, Walter White. The reason you left Gray Matter had to do with feeling inferior.

Admitting that is the first part of the healing process. The second part is not throwing your pizza.

Just don’t do it, dude.

Responder